Wednesday 6 May 2015

An Exclusive Tour of Auckland Interior Designer Irene Crean's French Provencal Home - Final; Part Four


If you have been following my blog you will know that I recently photographed a beautiful French Provencal style home in Auckland. I had so many lovely photos I've had to share these over a series of posts and sadly today is the last in this series.


The house is on three levels with the bedrooms on the second level, the kitchen and living rooms on the main level and a staircase leading down to further level which is used as a guest wing and leads out onto the patio and pool area. To the right is a pair of weathered doors which lead to the side courtyard where Irene has cleverly used an old laundry tub to create a unique fountain. It is these areas of the house I am sharing today, the final of the photos. 

I want to thank Irene for opening up her home to my readers, it is a truly special home I am sure will have inspired many of you. Much of Irene's home is about the detail that has gone into the decorating of it. It is this detail I wanted to portray, as I have said many times, "a house is just four walls but a home is what you turn it into" and Irene has made far more than a home, she has created a French Provencal atmosphere which is so real that you can't believe you are in an Auckland city suburb.

Above: The floor is concrete which has been cleverly painted to appear as if inlaid marble 

I am sad that this is the last of the series of photos as Irene's house is a place you want to linger in forever. Thank you again Irene for your kindness, not everyone wants to share their home with the world but I know that my readers truly appreciated it and absolutely adored your house. I hope that everyone has been inspired by your style and attention to detail. In the busy lifestyles we lead today, home can be a sanctuary and if you want to make that sanctuary feel like living in France or a coastal retreat, it is possible to do this no matter where you live.

If you missed the previous posts on Irene's house, please find the links below where you can see many more photos of her beautiful home:



2 comments:

  1. Wow - what beautifully composed photos. You've really captured the beauty of the place. I'm binge reading blogs at the moment so very happy to catch up with your house tour!! J9 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliment about the photos, my first interior shoot so a little nervous but pleased with the results. Irene's home was pretty easy to photograph as it had so many stunning features and beautiful vignettes.

      Delete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.